- This event has passed.
FDCAQ New Coordinator Training “Coordinator to Practice Mentor”
October 26, 2016 @ 9:30 am - October 27, 2016 @ 3:00 pm$440 - $540
Training Opportunity for Members and Non Members
This is a two day in-service training opportunity for new Coordinators (Practice Mentors) to examine the role of a Coordinator (Practice Mentor) within the Legislation and the National Quality Framework.
- How services philosophy, policies and operational procedures fit together.
- Approved Provider, Nominated Supervisor, Educational Leader obligations and legislative requirements.
- Learning ‘who’s who in the zoo’ in FDC. All the players and programs connected to the FDC model.
- Examining the visiting process and building partnerships.
- Understanding individual learning styles
- Using FDCAQ’s new resource “Practice Mentor Capability Framework Guide” as a tool to mentoring educators.
Presenter: Cathy Cahill
Cathy has over 20 years in the Early Childhood Field. She has been in several different role before starting at FDCQ. She has worked in LDC services and then was a Validator for NCAC and then a FDC Coordinator before taking the position as Educational Leader. Her current role is a Project Officer in the Professional Learning and support team. Cathy has a strong early childhood pedagogy and is passionate about quality outcomes for children.
* Registration closes Friday 14th October *