To join as a full member of the Family Day Care Association QLD all applicants must hold a Family Day Care Service Approval by the state regulatory authority in Queensland.
If you do not fit this category, you can become an associate member.
The Family Day Care Association of Queensland (FDCAQ) is the peak body for the Family Day Care Sector. FDCAQ has been supporting the sector since 1977, playing a significant industry leadership and professional support role across Queensland.
Over many years, the Association has been:
- Providing professional support to Queensland services, service users and educators
- Strengthening networks
- Providing state-wide professional development
- Delivering education and training
- Providing resources, advice and representation
- Providing advocacy to government
- Delivering programs
- Operating as an approved provider
- A peak body that has established strong relationships with state and federal governments and statutory bodies and directly represents the voice of family day care
- Representation and advocacy to government and relevant stakeholders
- Monthly e-newsletters - linking members to policy changes, new initiatives, resources and training
- FDCAQ member website portal providing access to resources, sector blog, fact sheets, latest news
- Access to member only events (e.g. Educational/Pedagogical Leader Network Group, Sector Forums)
- Referral of families and educators to services (online and telephone)
- Inclusion in FDCAQ‘s online service locator
- Coordination unit access to online educator induction portal
- Included in member listings with link to own services website on the FDCAQ website
- Access to private member Facebook group
Use of member logo
- Educator discount 10% on online training and resource items
- Loyalty program for educators (a further 10% off the price of online training and resources if rebooked within six weeks)
- One voting right at Association general meetings
- Discount on sector conferences and events
Contact us to find out more and to become a member.