As the peak body, FDCAQ is a respected voice, working on behalf of members, representing your service to government and associated organisations within the Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) community.
FDCAQ membership provides services with an opportunity to join a community of dedicated educators and service providers across Queensland. Through your membership we are working to actively support, advocate for and represent the family day care sector, striving towards exception home-based education and care for all children.
As part of our commitment to FDCAQ members, we offer professional development opportunities, regular community meetings and online discussions to guide and assist and resource you to meet compliance and administration requirements for your business and to connect you with a network of FDC professionals.
As a member you will have access to:
- Phone and email support
- Regular online meetings with FDCAQ
- Facilitation of regional members meetings
- E-newsletters including sector and regulatory updates, resources and training
- Our exclusive online member’s portal containing vital resources
- Our member’s only Facebook group
- Exclusive member only events
- Discounts and special offers on face to face and training, including sector conferences and events
- Induction support to help welcome and train newly recruited educators
- Collaboration and haring of resources between members
FDCAQ strives to assist and support members with growing their business by publicly positioning family day care as the preferred childcare option for both educators and families. Furthermore, as the peak, FDCAQ use our status to promote family day care services and educators through our digital channels, industry partnerships and by advocating to government to continue to raise awareness of the sector.
As a member you will have access to:
- A complimentary listing on our website locator, advertising your service and educators
- A complimentary link from our website to your service’s website via our member listing page
- Free use of our member logo
- Free educator and family recruitment referrals via our contact channels to support you in growing your business
As the peak body, FDCAQ are proud advocates of the sector, by representing services, educators and families. One of the roles of FDCAQ is to assist and educate members to better understand and comply with various Departmental advice and legislation by providing regular updates, resources and support for clarification and feedback.
Your annual membership includes:
- Representation and advocation and advocacy of the sect; communicating, on your behalf, to industry regulators and policy makers, at both state and federal levels
- The right to vote on decisions at Associations general meetings
- Conveying your feedback and concerns to relevant stakeholders
- Expressing feedback via our member surveys and consultations
- Representation and participation in advisory and working groups
To be eligible for full FDCAQ membership applicants must hold a Family Day Care Service Approval by the state regulatory authority in Queensland. If you do not fit this category, you can become an associate member.
This is what you, our members, have been saying in 2020.
The weekly contact offered from the beginning (ECEC Relief Package) was the best support we could ask for. Sincere thanks.
We are very grateful for the advocacy work done by FDCAQ during these very difficult times.
Thank you for being always present, available and for giving me the facts and information right at hand.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, FDCAQ has been committed to providing additional support to assist them in navigating through these unprecedented times. This additional support has included:
- Access to financial models specifically developed for distribution of ECEC Relief Package Payments
- Support to develop business continuity plans
- FREE Educator wellbeing sessions
- Increased collaboration and sharing of resources across services
- Out of hours support sessions for professional and wellbeing support
- Regular online Educator meetings and engagement
- Emotional and wellbeing support for Educators
- Regular Zoom meetings and presentations for members, service providers and Educators
For more information about becoming and FDCAQ member, contact us today.