Family Day Care Association of Queensland is the very active peak body for FDC in Queensland representing your service to Government and other organisations within the Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) community and supporting staff and educators through our resource and advisory service. Membership payments for the 2014-2015 year are now due.
Peak bodies such as ours that are membership based are respected by Government because of the number of individual services and view-points they represent and the quality of that representation. Your continued membership allows FDCAQ to continue to undertake this role. The management committee and staff of the FDCAQ Office believe that FDCAQ supports your work in many ways.
Primarily, our role in advocacy is crucial to the ongoing conversations with legislators within government and the community to maintain the integrity of FDC and to safe guard that decisions are in the best interests of children and the FDC service.
FDCAQ has an ongoing commitment to ensuring that we continue to meet the expectations of our membership. It is a dedicated team based in our Murarrie office and our volunteer Management Committee that continues to support our ability to achieve the success in our service delivery and would not be successful without their commitment to our shared values and common purpose of outcomes for children. This past year has seen FDCAQ stepping out with a strong and informed voice in representing the QLD FDC sector.
However without our membership, our role of Peak body becomes silent. I would like to acknowledge the ongoing support we receive from our membership in continuing to respond to feedback requests, pay membership, participate in our events and guide and support the work of FDCAQ.
Our role in leadership of the FDC community has been evident in the following ways in the past 12 months:
Representation of members on following groups:
- FDC Representative on the State Government Education Ministerial Council
- Sector Development Working Party (OECEC)
- Queensland Children Services Alliance
- Professional Support Coordinator Alliance- FDC Reference Group.
- Metro ECEC Reference Committee
- Partnership with Division of ECEC in relation to communication strategies with FDC.
- Exploration of online opportunities for communication and training.
- Publishing of the 2014 & 2015 FDC Educators Diary
- Invited to be on the panel for DSS Community Forum
- Continuous dialogue with DSS Compliance team on what to consider from a FDC perspective.
- DETE FUNDING $535,000.00: Education Program and Practice Project:
- development of EYLF FDC Practice Guide and Coordinator Implementation Handbook
- Coordinator Capability Fram,ework
- Induction Package (200 free places)
- CALD Project – practice based website for new Educators and Families to FDC.
- DOE PROJECT: Round one – Eligibility for CSP & Second Round: Business Models and one on one mentoring support to 8 QLD services.
- PSCQ Finding – Support Resource and Advisory Phone Services, attendance Regionals (Brisbane, South West Darling Downs, Sunshine Coast, Wide Bay, Cairns, Rockhampton, Logan Regional, Ipswich and Springfield Lakes and Maximising.
- Forum 18th & 19th Feb: Sustainability in uncertain times
- Submission to Regulatory Impact Statement
- Attendance at Sydney Productive Commission Hearing
- National Quality Framework RIS Forum for Peaks
- Represented FDCAQ at FDCA Symposium – Adelaide
- Represented FDCAQ at ECA – Conference Melbourne
- Collaboration on LEAPS training package
- Quarterly Educational Leadership meetings
- New Coordinator Training
- Attendance at Beaucare FDC Board Meeting
- Supported Interagency Meetings – FDCAQ, DETE and DOE
- Hosted CALD working party – Quarterly meetings interagency (ATO, DOE, DETE, PSCQ, FDCAQ)
- Supported CALD FDC services – Information sessions
- Attendance at Workforce Action Plan Meeting
- Develop media strategy for FDC Qld services and FDCAQ
- Meeting with Stakeholders Re. ECEC skill sets and VET Investment Plan
FDCAQ through its training organisation Family Day Care Training Australia (FDCTA) provides the family day care community with accredited and non-accredited training by early childhood professionals who have worked in FDC and therefore understand its complexities and uniqueness. FDCTA has delivered accredited training across Australia and has been a representative on various industry reference group with respect to the Children Services Training Package
Recent years have seen the greatest change of policy direction ever delivered by government. The budget announcements in 2014 has seen a dramatic increase in the advocacy work FDCAQ is involved in, including supporting the DSS FDC Education and Support Project form the QLD perspective and the representation at various forums on the legislative instrument changes.
FDCAQ was successful in receiving funding from Professional Support Coordinator of Queensland (PSCQ) to continue to deliver resource, support and professional learning to the sector in relation to the emerging issues we are all facing, including ongoing engagement of the National Quality Framework. FDCAQ management committee and staff are committed to work to provide leadership and facilitate conversations to support the FDC sector in Queensland.
Your membership ensures you receive FDC sector specific training and attendance at professional development at a discounted rate. FDCAQ continues to provide a phone and email advisory service that gives members access to skilled professionals to work through issues, problem solve, receive current information and feel supported.
FDCAQ provides an educator and family referral service to member services only. It continues to be identified that these services are valued highly by our membership.
Your invitation to renew your FDCAQ membership for 2014-2015 is driven by the strong belief that Family Day Care as a whole stands stronger as a united voice than as a collection of individual voices. The Membership year is from 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015. FDCAQ invites you to continue membership and participate fully in our united future.
Next week our finance team will send you an invoice based on your EFT provided to us last year. If this information is not correct, please do not hesitate in contacting them at email@example.com or ring Mira on 3399 3737.
Finally we are very excited to have our new website up including our membership portal. This afternoon you will receive an email from WordPress with a username and password for you to register you details and access the membership portal.
It has been an honour to serve you as our members this year and we all look forward to another busy and thriving year.