What does a Family Day Care home look like?
Every Family Day Care home environment will be different just as every Educator will be different. However, there are certain characteristics of an environment that will be common which will include:
- A place where children and their families feel they are welcome
- A safe area for outdoor play or have easy access to these outdoor play areas.
- Sufficient space for children to play in groups as well as an area for quiet play
- Sufficient space for children’s sleeping
- Somewhere where equipment can be safely stored
- All hazardous items out of the reach of children
- Free from pests
- Safe, sturdy indoor and outdoor equipment that is suitable for the ages of the children and meets
- Appropriate learning resources to support children’s learning
- A space where children can store and have access to their belongings
- Fire extinguisher, fire blanket, smoke detectors and an Evacuation Procedure
- Electrical safety switch
- Safety glass in the care environment